The 2016 Outer Banks Parade of Homes takes place October 6th-9th and our team is featuring three unique house plans, in categories A, B, and E. Our goal is to showcase new home construction techniques and perspectives that can fit the modern reality of vacationers and investors looking for an OBX property that will last longer than their mortgage. Keep on reading to explore each one in more detail and be sure to come visit them in person during the parade.
2016 Parade Homes
Beacon Villas @ Corolla Light – 1090A Keepers Way, Corolla NC
- Approximate Heated Square Feet: 2,356
- $459,000 includes House, Lot, Hot Tub, and Furnishings
- Directions: Travel north on NC 12 through Southern Shores and Duck, crossing into Currituck County, passing Ocean Sands and Corolla Bay subdivisions. After passing Herring Street, continue north approximately 1 mile and turn right at Beacon Hill Drive. Next, turn left into Keepers Way and the Parade home is located at #1090
This functional Corolla house is part of the Beacon Villas community, which features 16 Luxury Townhome Duplexes / 32 Individual Units. Beacon Villas at Corolla Light is a a maintenance free community on the oceanside of Corolla. All exterior maintenance and landscaping is done for you.
St George Model – Devonshire Place @ Bermuda Bay in Kill Devil Hills
- Approximate Heated Square Feet: 1,507
- $282,500 Includes House & Lot
- Directions: Leaving the #16 home, return to Colington Road and travel east toward the beach. Just before the Town Public Works Complex, turn right into the Bermuda Bay subdivision and travel on Bermuda Bay Blvd. to the intersection of Baileys Bay Road. Turn right and see the home on the left at #1503.
The brand new St. George model at Devonshire Place offers ground floor living. No steps to climb to enter the open concept kitchen/living/dining area on the ground level complete with a half bath and one car garage/dry entry.
The WIE House – 5004 Radcliffe Court, Kitty Hawk, NC
- Approximate Heated Square Footage: 1,984
- $425,000 for House Only
- Directions: From House #10, return to NC 158 and drive west toward the Wright Memorial Bridge. At Barlow Lane, which is the last street on the left before the bridge, turn left at the traffic light and continue down Barlow Lane until you see Colleton Road. Turn right at Colleton Road and then right onto Radcliffe Court.
Jim Douglas’ concept, something he has dubbed the “WIE House” (pronounced “we”) on one acre next to the Kitty Hawk Woods Coastal Reserve on the Currituck Sound, provides as much deck space as inside living space to allow people to enjoy the great outdoors.
About The 2016 OBX Parade of Homes
The Outer Banks Home Builders Association (OBHBA) 24th Annual Parade of Homes is open October 6 – 9, 2016. It is a Parade unlike any other tour you have attended – not only because of the sheer beauty of its coastal setting on about 50 + miles of our beautiful Outer Banks, but because of the diversity of this year’s offering of select homes. Tickets are only $10/person and grant you tour access to all 19 homes, on all 4 days.